Thursday, July 25, 2013

How can disabled people appeal if not told the assessment result?


From the Facebook page The People Vs The Government, DWP and Atos, 26th July 2013:

2 years ago I was placed in the (disability benefit) Work Related Activity Group without a medical so have to attend job centre every 6 months, my advisor is great and has stated that she is not qualified to over rule my psychiatrist, psychologist or GP so basically we chat for 10-15mins thats it. In late April/early may this year I got the dreaded med form to fill in waited till last minute took all info I could get from what is posted on FB and sent it in, I have been waiting in torture since. This week I had my meetin with my job centre advisor and she asked if I had been for a medical , I said no but told her about the form, she then told me i had been placed in the wrag group again for 2 years, I stated it was bad that they had not let me know as my health had suffered as a result of the worry, she the told me 98% of people who attend there do not hear personally. I think this should be posted as a lot of people may want to appeal to be put in the support group. I myself am to afraid to do this as i have heard you can lose all your benefit if you appeal, i live alone and pay bedroom tax and am in debt because of this already cut off my phone and eat less. but how can people appeal if not told result??