Monday, September 23, 2013

Use your last bit of energy to fight them


From the Facebook page ‘Atos Miracles@:


I lost my high rate care and mobility components of DLA a years ago after an Atos assessment which was made to make me look like a liar . I immediately appealed and had a reconsideration process . I lost this also. The DWP stated they relied upon the Atos report to make their decision to remove all my awards of high rate to nil . They only applied for a gp report at the time of the reconsideration, by this time my mental health had deteriorated badly and i became suicidal . However the DWP specifically asked on the gp report to state their patients CURRENT health problems/mental health

.I immediately set about getting hold of as much medical evidence as possible ,which included my psychiatric files, as i didnt have to pay for them as I had seen a consultant within the last 40 days . I also contacted an independent benefits expert who was very reasonably priced and also represented me on the day of my tribunal . My first hearing was adjourned and directions set on my case . It took another 3 months to get a new date . All I did was worry myself sick , my physical and mental health deteriorated . I wasn’t eating/sleeping properly .

To cut a long story short , I combed through the atos medical report and found inconsistencys, no side effects of medication listed , ,he had even changed the time/date on back of report . I wrote a submission to the appeal tribunal of my concerns of this report and that I believe it should hold no weight . My tribunal was listed for a full hearing ,which meant I could of been there all day. I took 2 witnesses with me along with my representation ,and the dwp rep was there also . 3 hours my tribunal lasted as it was classes as a complex case .I admit I was a mess in there ,and cried ,shook ,my legs like jelly ,dizzy etc ,but I also knew i had suffered a whole year worrying ,all making me ill , lost our dla mobility car . Living on pittance a week ,worrying also financially . The dwp’s evidence was weak .

A letter popped through door today , ecstatic my appeal upheld and have won my case with both high rate back . I only hope now the dwp dont use delay tactics to ask for statement of reasons ,or to try to appeal . The dwp /atos have made my life a living hell over the last year , and has added stress on my partner and family also . But we got there in the end . So I urge anyone who is appealing a decision to use your last bit of energy to fight them in an appeal xxx