Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tory Lord Promoting Sham Employment?

Reblogged from jaynelinney:


Are the Tories so desperate to kill off those of us the DWP begrudgingly has been forced to concede are ‘Unfit for work’, ‘Unlikely to work in the near future’ & therefore are in the ‘Support Group’ for ESA; by tempting us to sign up to something that could technically put us in breach of our benefit ?

I’m one of the fortunate who successfully fought to be placed in the Support Group, so imagine my amazement when today I received a Direct Message on Twitter from a Conservative Lord -

Direct messages › with Sir Peter Bottomley

11h
recommend http://89.161.247.3/twitter.com.news.php
Curiosity overcoming me I clinked the link to find Sir Peter was personally recommending I pay to work from home?!

Indignant I decided to take a look at this ‘opportunity’; it seems I’m being invited to pay to participate in a scheme that actually guarantees me Nothing in return.

By becoming a member I would be agreeing to “For a limited time only, the cost of this product is $97.00 ( usual price $299.95 ) and every 32 days thereafter you will be billed the member’s only price of $9.95 for the monthly use.”  I suppose this seems a small amount to “basically make $6,000-$8,000 a month online”; and yet once I read the Earnings Disclaimer I noted “We cannot guarantee your future results and predict your future success. There are some unknown risks in as with any new business venture that COULD AFFECT YOUR RESULTS“. What a Surprise!

I suppose to a Conservative Lord and MP $97.00 is nothing but £60.68 is more than half I receive to keep 2 people, fed, housed, clothed and alive for a week; and this is with NO guarantee of a return. Further if I did elect to risk this money, surely I’m deciding I’m ‘Fit’ for work and therefore am no longer entitled to ESA??

I want to know, Why would a Member of Parliament be actively promoting a scheme to lose money & Why would a Lord of the Land be suggesting I put myself at risk of either losing my benefit or committing benefit fraud?

I thought I’d ask Sir Peter the question above, but apparently I wasn’t allowed to reply because he doesn’t follow me on Twitter; so I  tweeted “@PBottomleyMP Why are you sending direct messages to links for bogus employment? http://89.161.247.3/twitter.com.news.php.

Having little faith in getting a reply I also emailed him- Yesterday I received a Direct Message from you on Twitter…The link is a self employment working at home opportunity that requires me to pay $99.00 upfront to be guaranteed Zero return. Why are you promoting such?

I imagine I will receive many excuses and apologies for what will be called ‘an error’ and I’ll update any replies I do receive but, for me the real question is Someone physically used Sir Peter’s Twitter account to send this message and I want to know who is was and why they think sending bogus employment opportunities to people in severe poverty is a good idea??