Originally posted on Pride's Purge:
(not satire – it’s the Cameron government!)
In 2011, the Cameron government decided that …….
- Firefighters will only get their full pensions at 60 instead of 55.
- All firefighters of any age will undergo regular fitness tests.
- Firefighters will be made redundant if they fail the fitness tests.
- The government’s own report found that the effects of ageing will prevent 66 per cent of firefighters over 55 from meeting the fitness levels required for the job.
- Firefighters who lose their jobs will not be eligible for their full pension they have paid into.
And while the public is not aware of it – the government will get away with it.
Here’s a petition to the Department of Communities and Local Government:
View original 47 more words